Upgrade from Vera 3 or VeraLite running UI7 to VeraEdge
Congratulations on upgrading to the VeraEdge Controller! These instructions are intended for you to move your system from another Vera controller running the UI7 app. If you're not sure which version of the app (the firmware) your old controller is running, see How Do I Know Which UI Version My Controller Has?
The transfer process requires that you have your Vera 3 or VeraLite near your VeraEdge, at most 2 feet away. Follow these steps :
1. Connect your new VeraEdge to your router, while also leaving your existing Vera 3 or VeraLite connected. Connect power to both units.
2. Login to your existing account and select "I have a new Vera to setup."
3. Proceed with the initial setup of the VeraEdge and give it a name.
4. Next log back in and select your existing Vera 3 or VeraLite Controller to work with
5. .Check and see if your existing Vera 3 or VeraLite is the primary Z-Wave controller for your Z-wave network, and this is indicated by the role which should be Master, as shown here:
If your unit has a different role contact our tech support team, and they’ll help you resolve it asap. For more details on this check out: http://support.getvera.com/
6. Save a backup from your current Vera 3 or VeraLite unit, which we’ll use later on to transfer your settings to your VeraEdge. This can be done from Settings > Backup as shown in the screenshot below:
7. Once the backup is saved we can go ahead and set your Vera 3 or VeraLite controller into transfer mode, and this can be done from Settings > Z-Wave Settings > Advanced > Controller shift.
8. Next log into your new VeraEdge. You’ll need to set your VeraEdge to copy your existing Z-Wave data, and this can be done from Settings > Z-Wave Settings > Advanced > Copy Z-Wave network from a master controller.
9. This process will take some time based on the size of your Z-Wave network but once finished you should see all your Z-Wave devices on your VeraEdge.
10. Wait until all Z-Wave devices configure, for battery operated devices you might need to "wake them up" manually by activating them (such as by opening a window to "wake up" a window sensor, or by pressing the control button on the device.)
11. Next we’ll have to restore the backup from your Vera 3 or VeraLite controller, which we’ve saved on step 1. This can be done by simply dragging the backup on the ’Upload’ section from Settings > Backup. (IMPORTANT NOTE: Restore Z-Wave Network needs to be UNCHECKED)
12. Once finished you should have your VeraEdge with all your settings from the Vera 3 or VeraLite.
Note that this procedure will set your Vera 3 or VeraLite controller as a slave (secondary) Z-wave controller to your VeraEdge, and will add one additional Scene Controller device on the dashboard.
13. It is recommended that you check to make sure all your devices are communicating with the new VeraPlus controller.
If you experience any issues with the transfer do not hesitate to contact our tech support team, and they’ll help you resolve it asap. For more details on this check out: http://support.getvera.com/