Upgrade from Vera 2, Vera 3 or VeraLite running UI5 to VeraEdge/VeraPlus
This procedure is for upgrading from Vera 2, Vera 3, and VeraLite controllers running UI5 firmware. The procedure will copy the complete system to a new VeraEdge/VeraPlus controller. The resulting VeraEdge/VeraPlus controller will run UI7 with all your devices already installed, along with some of the other settings that you've created in UI5.
Note about UI5: Some plug-ins for UI5 may not be available for UI7. If your UI5 installation includes plug-ins, you may want to check availability in UI7 before proceeding with this transfer.
Note about UI6: For Vera 3 and VeraLite controllers running UI6, it is recommended that you first upgrade to UI7, and then transfer to VeraEdge/VeraPlus using the UI7 transfer procedure.
The transfer process requires that you have your Vera 3, Vera 2 or VeraLite near your VeraEdge, at most 2 feet away. Follow these steps:
1. Connect your new VeraEdge/VeraPlus to your router, while also leaving your existing Vera 3, Vera 2 or VeraLite connected. Connect power to both units.
2. Login to your existing account at cp.mios.com for your UI5 controller
3. Go to home.getvera.com, create a new account and select "I have a new Vera to setup."
4. Proceed with the initial setup of the VeraEdge/VeraPlus and give it a name.
5. Be sure that all your UI5 plugins are upgraded to the latest version. This is handled automatically by the UI. However for plugins that are displayed with a ’*’ you can run an HTTP command in a new tab of your browser to upgrade them to the latest version.
The command is:
● IP_address is the local IP address of your Vera unit, and you’ll see it in the address bar of your browser after you log in from the portal and you’re at the same location with the Vera unit (same network)
● Plugin_ID is the number of the plugin and can be found by checking it from the APPS > My Apps section of the UI, by clicking on the name of the plugin and looking under the Plugin Control tab from the new pop-up window
6. Check and see if your Vera 2/3/Lite is the primary Z-wave controller for your Z-Wave network -- this is indicated by the role, which should be Master :
If your unit has a different role contact our tech support team, and they’ll help you resolve it asap. For more details on this check out : http://support.getvera.com/
7. Save a backup from your current Vera 2/3/Lite unit, which we’ll use later on to transfer your settings to your VeraEdge/VeraPlus. This can be done from Settings > Backup as shown in the screenshot below :
8. Once the backup is saved we can go ahead and set your Vera 2/3/Lite controller into transfer mode, and this can be done from SETUP > Z-Wave Settings > Advanced > Controller shift .
9. Next you’ll need to set your VeraEdge/VeraPlus to copy your existing Z-Wave data, and this can be done from Settings > Z-Wave Settings > Advanced > Copy Z-Wave network from a master controller.
10. This process will take some time based on the size of your Z-Wave network but once finished you should see all your Z-Wave devices on your VeraEdge/VeraPlus.
11. Wait until all Z-Wave devices configure, for battery operated devices you might need to "wake them up" manually by activating them (such as by opening a window to "wake up" a window sensor, or by pressing the control button on the device.)
12. Next we’ll have to restore the backup from your Vera 3 or VeraLite controller, which we’ve saved on step 1. This can be done by simply dragging the backup on the ’Upload’ section from Settings > Backup. When the file has been uploaded press on the 'Restore' button leaving the 'Restore Z-Wave network' option unchecked.
13. Once finished you should have your VeraEdge/VeraPlus with all your settings from the Vera 3 or VeraLite.
Note that this procedure will set your Vera 2, Vera 3 or VeraLite controller as a slave (secondary) Z-Wave controller to your VeraEdge/VeraPlus, and will add one additional Scene Controller device on the dashboard.
If you experience any issues with the transfer do not hesitate to contact our tech support team, and they’ll help you resolve it asap. For more details on this check out: http://support.getvera.com/