- Vera 3 has twice the RAM memory of Vera lite, has router capabilities (4 LAN ports and WiFi) and 2 USB ports. Vera 3 can use the wireless connection to connect to the internet.
- VeraLite (also G) has no WiFi and one USB port. VeraLite is rated to work with up to 70 devices, while Vera 3 can handle up to 200.
- Vera Edge has the smallest form factor between all Vera units, and includes 128MB of RAM memory, WiFi, one USB port, latest generation of Z-Wave Plus chips built in which makes it control up to 220 devices
- As the Vera lite, the Vera Edge has one ethernet port (WAN) which can be used to connect the unit to the internet, or to the computer for troubleshooting
- VeraPlus comes stronger, has more protocols built in ( Zwave/ZigBee/Bluetooth), has one ethernet port (WAN) which can be used to connect the unit to the internet, or to the computer for troubleshooting,latest generation of Z-Wave Plus chips built in which makes it easily control over 200 devices, it has twice the RAM memory and dual core processor
- A hardware comparison between the Vera controller models can be found here:
Notes on older units:
Vera3 comes with a faster processor, more memory and upgraded Wi-Fi to b/g/n so it's much faster than Vera2.
Vera3 comes pre-loaded with User Interface 5 which is optimized for tablet use and is more user friendly.