Join the Vera Beta Program for Amazon Alexa to experience Vera's Native Skills Integration, supporting Climate, Lighting, and Scenes.
The Vera Beta Program allows users try out pre-release software. The feedback you provide on features, quality, and usability helps us identify issues, fix them, and improve the overall Vera user experience.
Please note that since the beta software has not yet been commercially released, it may contain bugs, errors, or technical inaccuracies. It may not function as well as General Availability Software Releases.
- An existing Vera account with at least one controller assigned to it.
- At least one lighting, or climate device paired to your Vera controller.
- An existing Amazon account with an Alexa device paired to it.
- Be sure that your Alexa device (Echo, Tap, or Dot) is powered on and connected to a Wi-Fi network with Internet access.
The Smart Home Skill API currently supports lights, switches, smart plugs and thermostats, including turning devices on and off, dimming lights, and thermostat controls. Today, you can:
- Turn your devices on or off: “Alexa, turn on/off the kitchen light” or “Alexa, turn on/off the heat”
- Brighten or dim your lights: “Alexa, brighten the kitchen light” or “Alexa, dim the kitchen light.”
- Set lights or temperature: “Alexa, set the kitchen light to 50%” or “Alexa, set the heat to 72 degrees”
- To access the Amazon Alexa Beta, you must register at http://eepurl.com/co0Nur
- Within 48-72 hours, you will receive an email titled "Amazon Alexa Beta: Participation Confirmed".
- Click “Enable Skill”.
- Login with your Vera account credentials.
- Select the devices that you want to control with the Alexa device (after you select, you should see a green checkbox) and click on Finish.
- Next, you'll need to "Discover devices" on the Amazon Alexa App or Portal. Discovery begins by saying, "Discover devices," or by choosing Discover devices in the Alexa app. After a successful discovery, you can then control the device with your voice.
Please Note: Device discovery is required before you can use the devices from the Smart Home Skill.
Adding or Updating Devices
Should you add or update devices on your controller, you'll need to revisit the Alexa Portal by reclicking the "Enable Skill" link in your "Amazon Alexa Beta: Participation Confirmed" email and then select your new devices to be controlled by Alexa.
Please submit feedback via the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org.