Important: As a customer with Nest devices connected to your Vera controller, we want to make sure you’re ready to take full advantage of our newest and most full-featured Works with Nest plug-in, as soon as it is available.
On Monday, please take the following steps, in order:
- Update Controller Firmware
- You’ll be prompted to update firmware within your Vera UI. Follow the step, as per usual. The process should take no more than 10-15 minutes, depending upon the speed of your internet connection.
- Update Plug-in (automatic)
- Once you’ve upgraded to version 7.21 of the controller firmware, your Works with Nest Plug-in will automatically update to the latest version.
- Note: If you have previously installed the Beta plug-in manually, your plug-in will not auto-update. You will either need to manually update the plug-in or uninstall your current plug-in and re-install it from the Vera plug-in store.
- Update Mobile Applications
- For iOS users, update to the latest version of your Vera mobile app. Be sure to include your iPhone and iPad.
- For Android users, the update to the latest version of your Vera mobile app will be available by early July. Until the Vera Android mobile app is updated, you may continue to control your Nest devices with the Nest app.
It is critical to follow all of these steps to ensure the latest compatibility, functionality, and security.
After Monday, previous versions of the software and plug-in will be deprecated, and will no longer be supported. This is by design, to ensure the best possible experience with your Vera and Nest products.
As always, should you have any questions, comments, or concerns the Customer Care team is standing by.
The Vera Team