This guide will teach you how to:
- Scenes that trigger at a scheduled interval
- Scenes that trigger at a scheduled interval, followed by a delayed action
Scheduled Scenes are useful when you need to select a time or interval that will trigger the activation.
1. To create a scene that turns a light on at a specific time every day, press "Scenes" in your Vera menu, and then press "+ Add Scene" in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
2. Select the "Schedule" trigger and set the time.
As an example, to turn the lights on at 7 PM, follow these steps:
- Select "Daily" interval
- Select "At the time of day"
- Select "07:00 PM" in the next three fields
- Click "Validate"
3. Click "Next Step" to select devices and a delayed action.
4. Click on "Select Devices".
5. Check the radio box to the right of the light bulb, scroll down to the bottom of the page, and hit "Next".
6. Select the "On" action for the light bulb and click "Validate".
7. Next, select the light bulb and click "Next Step". Select the house mode that the scene is activated for, the users who will receive notifications and assign the scene to a room.
8. The last step is to name the scene and click "Finish".
Hurray! You just created your first scene and your life is already so much easier.
What can you do next?