Your VeraEdge controller can be easily managed using the LED light status and buttons.
This guide will teach you:
- The basic behaviors of the LED lights on your controller
- How to use the buttons on your controller
VeraEdge LED's Operations
Your VeraEdge controller has five LED lights. The lights are Power, Internet, Wi-Fi, Z-Wave, and Service. Below, you will find the meaning of each LED state:
- On - Power On/Normal Operation
- Off - Power Off
- Flashing - Booting/Firmware Upgrade
- On - Connected to the Ethernet
- Off - Not connected to Ethernet
- Flashing - Data is being transmitted or received via the Ethernet connection - Connected to the Ethernet
- On - WiFi enabled
- Off - WiFi disabled
- Blinking - Traffic over WiFi
- On - Z-Wave function enabled
- Off - Z-Wave function disabled
- Flashing slow - Include mode
- Flashing fast - Exclude mode
- On - Cloud Service connected and working properly
- Off - No Cloud Service installed
- Flashing - Cloud Service is not sending data properly
VeraEdge Button Operation
Your VeraEdge controller has three buttons on the side which can be used to reset the unit, include or exclude Z-Wave devices, and pair networked devices over WPS.
Reset ButtonThe reset button requires a pin or paperclip to be pressed. It has two functions:
- To reset the network settings, hold the button for 5-10 seconds
- To reset it to factory defaults, hold the button for more than 20 seconds
WPS ButtonThe WPS button is used to connect networked devices to your VeraEdge controller.
- Push the button to activate WPS pairing functionality; it will time-out after 1 minute
Sync ButtonThe Sync button is used to start the selection mode between the available radios. It has two operating modes:
- To include your Z-Wave device, press the Sync button once. The Z-Wave light will blink slowly, once every second, to indicate that your controller is in inclusion mode
- To exclude your Z-Wave device, hold the Sync button for 3 seconds. The Z-Wave light will blink fast, twice every second, to indicate that your controller is in exclusion mode
What can you do next?