This guide will teach you how to:
- Install your Vera Controller Backup kit (Cellular Backup and Battery Backup)
To install your Cellular Backup:
- Make sure to update your Firmware before installing the Backup System:
- Disconnect the Power Supply from your Vera Controller after your controller has finished upgrading
- Plug the Cellular Backup Dongle into the USB port on the back of your Controller
- Go to https://home.getvera.com and log in
- Go to “Settings” and select “Net & Wi-Fi”
- Click the “Enable” button for Cellular Backup. When Cellular Backup is enabled, a pop-up may appear; press OK. If the Connection Status says, “connected to the mobile network”, you are good to go!
To install your Battery Backup system:
- Connect the Power Supply cord into the Battery Backup “In” port. Plug the other side of the supply cord into an AC outlet
- Plug one side of the enclosed cable into the Battery Backup “Out” port and the other side into the back of the Vera Controller
- Turn on the Battery Backup using the switch on the side of the battery
- To finish, make sure that all of the LED lights on the Vera Controller have a green light and are not blinking
What can you do next?