This guide will teach you how to:
1. Troubleshoot your VeraEdge unit using the status of LED lights
Service light is blinkingWhen the Service LED light is blinking, it means that your controller has trouble establishing a connection with the cloud servers.
To fix the problem:
- Check the status of the cloud servers and any ongoing maintenance at https://status.getvera.com/
- If no incident is reported on the status page, don't hesitate to contact Customer Care
Z-Wave light is turned offWhen the Z-Wave LED light is turned off for more than a few minutes, it means that there might be a problem with your Vera's operating system.
To fix the problem:
- Power-cycle the unit and check if the light becomes solid
- If the problem persists, reset the unit to factory defaults. Then, try to access the UI and restore it from the last backup
- If the problem persists, we encourage you to contact Customer Care
Internet light is offWhen the Internet light is off, it means that the internet cable is disconnected or interrupted.
To fix the problem, make sure that the internet cable is connected to an Internet source and/or try a different Ethernet patch cord.
Internet light is blinking once a secondWhen the Internet light is blinking once a second, it means that the Ethernet cable is connected and has a link but it is not getting an IP from the router or your network equipment.
To fix the problem, make sure the main router has DHCP server enabled.
Full LED's operationBelow, you can find the meaning of each LED light when turned on, off, and when flashing.
- On - Power On/Normal Operation
- Off - Power Off
- Flashing very fast - Firmware Upgrade
- On - Connected to the Ethernet
- Off - Not connected to Ethernet
- Flashing slow - Unit cannot connect to the internet
- On - WiFi enabled
- Off - WiFi disabled
- Flashing very fast - WPS is active
- On - Z-Wave function enabled
- Off - Z-Wave function disabled
- Flashing slow - Include mode
- Flashing fast - Exclude mode
- On - Cloud Service connected and working properly
- Off - No Cloud Service installed
- Flashing slow - Cloud Service is not sending data properly
What can you do next?