This guide will teach you how to:
- Power-cycle your VeraSecure
- Troubleshoot your VeraSecure
Power-cycle your VeraSecure:
- Press and hold the reset button, on the side, for 30 seconds
- Release the reset button and unplug the power cord from VeraSecure
- The power light will blink for a few seconds and then the unit will turn off
- Reapply power to start the unit again
Troubleshooting the VeraSecure LED Lights
Service light is blinkingWhen the Service LED light is blinking, it means the unit has trouble establishing a connection with the cloud servers.
- Status of the cloud servers and any ongoing maintenance can be checked at https://status.getvera.com/
- If no incident is reported on the status page, don't hesitate to contact Customer Care
Z-Wave light is turned offWhen the Z-Wave LED light is turned off for more than a few minutes, it means Vera's operating system is malfunctioning. Follow these steps to fix the problem:
- Power-cycle the controller; if the light becomes solid, you are good to go
- If the problem persists, first reset the controller to factory defaults, try to access the UI, and restore from the last backup
- If the problem persists, contact Customer Care
Cellular light is blinking once a second
The cellular backup connection has issues connecting. Cannot connect to the mobile carrier.
Internet light is blinking once a secondWhen the internet light is blinking once a second, it means the Ethernet cable is connected and has a link, but is not getting an IP from the router or your network equipment. You should check with your ISP.
Internet light is offWhen the internet light is off, it means the internet cable is disconnected or interrupted. Replace the Ethernet cable or check with your ISP.
Make sure the main router has DHCP server enabled. You should check with your ISP or router manufacturer.
Make sure the internet cable is connected to an Internet source and/or try a different Ethernet patch cord.