How to Migrate to VeraSecure
VeraEdge or VeraPlus
Good news! You can transfer everything from your old Vera unit to your new VeraSecure, effortlessly.
This guide will teach you how to:
- Switch from the Legacy Vera3/Lite controller to VeraSecure, VeraEdge, or VeraPLus
- If your Vera 3/Lite controller is still running firmware UI5 or older, it needs to be upgraded to the latest version of UI7 first.
- A computer is needed
Create a local backup of your legacy Vera
- On your legacy Vera3/Lite controller, go to settings -> backup -> create backup -> press backup Z-Wave network
- Click create backup to download a backup file on your computer
Restore the backup on your VeraSecure/VeraEdge/VeraPlus
- In your VeraSecure, go to settings -> backup -> click upload -> find and select previously created backup.
- Click restore
- Wait for the VeraSecure unit to reboot
All your scenes, plugins and devices from your legacy Vera3/Lite controller are now restored and ready to use on your new VeraSecure controller.