Q: What is the difference between VeraEdge, VeraPlus, and VeraSecure?
- VeraEdge has the smallest form factor between all Vera units. It includes 128MB of RAM memory, WiFi, one USB port, and the latest generation of Z-Wave Plus chip built in. All of this allows it to control up to 220 devices.
- VeraPlus has even more protocols built in. it has Zwave, ZigBee, and Bluetooth, one ethernet port (WAN), the latest generation of Z-Wave Plus chip built, twice the RAM memory, a dual-core processor
- VeraSecure is our flagship controller. It has all the capabilities of VeraPlus and more. VeraSecure is the modern day replacement for a security panel. It has more memory, controlling up to around 200 devices!
Additionally, here are some of the cool features of the VeraSecure:
- In case your power goes out, a built-in backup battery will keep your VeraSecure controller up and running for up to 4 hours
- In case your internet service goes out, the cellular backup, which works with the optional VeraProtect service, can continue to send alerts or summon help from the VeraProtect call center
- There is also a call button on the top, so in the event of an emergency, you can talk to the call center right through the VeraSecure's built-in microphone and speaker
- A loud siren alarm is built-in, to scare off intruders.
- VeraSecure has a longer range and better battery life
A hardware comparison chart and more details about each unit can be found here:
More Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: What if I don't have Internet at home?
- Q: What is the Vera Shop return policy?
- Q: What if I can't connect to my Vera controller? (Network troublesh...
Please sign in to leave a comment.