What if I do not have internet at home?
A: No problem. Having an internet connection is optional.
You can still use Vera, even without an internet connection. Just connect your PC, Mac, or other web browser to one of Vera's network ports, or connect to Vera wirelessly. Vera's built-in wireless comes pre-configured, so if you have a wireless / Wi-Fi device, you will automatically see the "Vera" network and be able to connect to it. If you do not have an internet connection, you will not be able to access Vera remotely, from outside the home, and you will not be able to see the helper videos on Vera's setup pages.
You can now reach your Vera's dashboard by opening a web browser and pointing it to the IP released by Vera to your computer:
For Windows 10:
- Right click Window's start button, on the lower left side, to open the context menu
- From the menu, click run, type cmd, and click OK
- On the black command window, type in ipconfig /all and hit the enter key
- Under the ethernet adapter ethernet section, look for the physical address (it is the ethernet address of the wired network card connection)
For Macintosh (Mac OS X):
- Select system preferences from the Apple menu at the top left of your screen
- Click network from the system preferences menu
- Choose Ethernet from the list of interfaces on the left and you will see the IP address of your ethernet card
More Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the Vera Shop return policy?
Q: What if I can't connect to my Vera controller? (Network troublesh...
Q: Will my devices (light switches, lamp modules, etc.) still work if Ver...
Please sign in to leave a comment.