Q: Can I bridge two controllers?
A: Yes! For very large homes or applications where there are many devices, it is helpful to add a second Vera controller to the system. This is called "bridging" controllers.
When you bridge Vera controllers, one unit (usually the first one you installed) acts as the "master," and the second unit is considered the "secondary."
Steps to bridge your Vera units:
Note: Both units must be connected to the same network
- Go to your Vera Dashboard for the master controller (the first one installed). Make sure that auto detect devices on your home network option is enabled (Settings > Net&Wifi) on the master controller
- Click Devices and go to "Add device"
- Scroll down and click add "UPnP devices"
- Click the checkbox "Scan for UPnP devices" and press "Next"
- Wait approximately 10 minutes for your master Vera to scan the other Vera from your network
- You will see your Vera gateway in that list as Mios_serialNumber and click on the ADD button.
Please sign in to leave a comment.