The Vera app for Ezlo hubs (Ezlo Atom, Ezlo PlugHub, Ezlo Plus, and Ezlo Secure) comes now with the logic operators to improve the scene creation flow:
- In scene creation you can now use AND, OR, and NOT logical operators, as well as the ability to create groups with them to define in the triggers the logic that best fits your needs.
- With scenes, you can now set the house mode to home/away/night/vacation when certain triggers are met.
This guide will teach you how to:
- Create a group of triggers
- How to add groups, devices, and schedule triggers in the same scene
- How the logic operators behave
- How to add an action with a house mode change
1. How to select the logic relation (OR, AND) between the conditions I set for a scene
- You open the mobile apps (iOS or Android) and tap on "+" to create a scene.
2. How to create groups with your triggers
- You tap on Add group to start creating your first group of triggers
- You will have to name the group - by default is going to be named Group 1, Group 2, etc.
- You will choose the triggers you want to add to the group and the relation between them OR or AND. For example, you can select a Device as the first trigger: whenever a sensor is armed and tripped.
- You tap DONE when you finish with the group and the previous screen is shown, now with the Group as a trigger
- You will see the group name, what relation is applied inside the group (AND or OR), and a summary of the triggers added inside.
3. How to finalize the group creation - add at least 2 triggers
In order to create the group, you have to add at least 2 triggers in it. To do this tap on the plus (+) button on the above screen and select the second trigger (device or schedule).
For example, the second trigger can be a device again - when the switch is turned off.
After the second trigger is selected, tap on Done to add it to a group. You will see a summary with the triggers you added in the group and the logical operator used.
To change the logical operator tap on the dropdown menu where you will see the logical operators that you can choose from by tapping on it:
- Any trigger is met - which means OR and this is the default choice
- Triggers are met at the same time - which means AND
After you select between OR and AND you tap on Done and you will see the summary for the group you added.
4. How to add other triggers in the same scene where you have a group
You can add a second trigger in the same scene - it can be either another group or a simple trigger - device or schedule. In the example below tap on the plus button and add a simple schedule trigger.
You can also select between OR and AND for the 2 triggers you have - the schedule trigger OR/AND the group trigger. By default, the OR option is displayed.
As you see in the above example, the system supports nested triggers like A (B or C).
5. How the logic operators behave:
- AND - when all conditions are met the result is true, otherwise is false.
- OR - if at least one condition is met, the result is true.
- NOT - if the condition is false, the result is true and vice-versa.
IMPORTANT! The NOT applies only to a condition or a group, it cannot be used to establish the relationship between conditions → you still must select an AND or a OR.
- You can apply a NOT for any trigger, including if it is inside a group
- iOS - swipe to left
- Android - enable the toggle
You are not able to select more than 10 conditions (1 condition means 1 trigger) in one scene, no matter where the triggers are added (groups or outside the group). The plus button to add a new trigger is disabled when you reach 10 triggers.
7. How to add an action with a house mode change
After you added the trigger(s) you can start adding actions - what do you want to happen when the trigger conditions are met.
You will see 2 options: Devices and Mode.
You can select to change the behavior of your device and you can also select to change the house mode as you desire. You can only select one of the 4 modes in each action.
But you can always add a delay and select any other mode in that delay.
8. How to add an action with a device change
After you have already added the house mode action you can only see the Device option. Here you can add as many devices as you desire.
You can now continue with saving the scene.
- When you select Immediately set mode Home/Away/Night/Vacation, when the scene runs the house mode will be changed after the preset timer ( if a house mode has 30 seconds set to wait until it becomes active, the same time will be applied when is applied by a scene;
- Only one house mode can be set as an action in a scene. Once the user selected a house mode as an action if he wants to add another action, he will see just Devices as an option.