Do you ever want to talk with your voice assistant but you don't want to wakeup your kids? Or maybe you want to surprise your guests by turning on your lights and play some songs without them noticing how you did it?
You can now easily chat with your voice assistants and control everything from one app, Vera app.
This guide will teach you:
How to test the chat commands with Ezlo VOI™:
- prerequisite: Enroll to Ezlo VOI™
- go to Vera app and in the main menu tap on Ezlo VOI™
- select your Amazon Alexa or Google Home device:
- tap on Chat with Amazon Alexa (or Google Home) option:
- you can enter a command by typing:
- or by record it and hit the Send button. If it's the first time you record a message on Vera app, you will be asked to enable the app's audio permission for this:
- Amazon Alexa or Google Home replies with an answer or with a question that requires another input from you:
- you can enter a new message as response (either by voice or by typing) and tap on Send button:
- This chat is available only in Devices or Ezlo VOI™ pages, in the Scenes flow you will see the flow as described here
- If you exit the chat page by: going to another page, closing the app or putting the app in background, the previous commands sent are not displayed any more, as chat history is not saved