The Vera app for iOS comes with a redesigned scene creation flow, for a better user experience.
Hubs that will have the redesigned scenes flow: iOS Vera Mobile app for Ezlo Platform ( Ezlo Atom, Ezlo PlugHub and next Ezlo hardware).
This guide will teach you how to:
- scenes overview
- name scene
- assign the scene to an existing room
- add conditions based on which the scene will run
- add activation event
- add group of activation events
- add actions in my scene to be executed when I run the scene
- select in which mode the scene will run
- select who to be notified when the scene runs
Scene overview page:
1. Name your scene
You can write here the scene name. The scene name must be between 1 and 30 characters and naming a scene is mandatory.
2. This scene belongs to which room?
This section has 2 states:
- no room selected → No room
- a rooms selected → Room name (Bedroom, Living room etc )
When you tap on room name you will see a screen that allows you to select a room. Selecting a room is not mandatory.
3. When do you want your scene to be activated?
Selecting an event is not mandatory.
When you tap on "Add activation event" you are asked: "What would you like to add?"
You can select:
3.1. An activation event:
If you select this option, you will see the 2 options: Device or Date&Time.
This option is available only if there are devices on the controller. If not, it will be hidden. You will see only the devices that can posses activation events. If you select a device you will be sent to the next screen, where the list of possible events is presented. You can select one event at a time. First event will be selected by default.
3.1.b Date and Time
You can select an interval or a schedule that will trigger the activation of your scene:
- Interval: You will see a time picker that allows you to select intervals for:
- seconds 1 - 59
- minutes 1- 59
- hours 1-23
- days 1-31
- Daily: Will present the selected moment of the day. Default: "At a time o day". If you tap on it a new screen will be presented. That screen will let you choose the moment of the day.
- At time of day
- Before sunrise
- At sunrise
- After sunrise
- Before sunset
- At sunset
- After sunset
- Weekly: You will be able to select the days of the week in which the scene will run. You need to select at least one day. Default: "At a time of day".
- Monthly: You will be able to select the days of the month in which the scene will run. You need to select at least one day. Default: "At a time of day".
- Once: a date picker is opened. The default value will be current date.
3.2. A group if activation events:
If you select this option, you will see the flow that allows you to add a group of events:
- You can name your group and add activation events.
- You can select the operation between events: AND & OR.
- Each group/ event will display a delete button.
- Add more groups button will be present.
4. What do you want to happen?
Here you can select what actions will run. A scene should contain at least one action. Selecting an action is mandatory.
When you tap on "Add actions" you will see the flow of adding actions. First you are asked to set when the action will run: immediately or with a delay.
Then you are asked to add the action by selecting Device or House mode change.
Add your devices in Actions by selecting Device action. The list will display all the devices that support actions. The actions are displayed one by one and you can select only one. The content is different based on the device:
Or you can select the House mode change option from where you can select:
5. On which mode this scene will run?
By default you will see all options enabled. You can select only the house modes in which you want your scene to run, but it's mandatory to have at least 1 house mode selected. :
6. Who should be notified?
Here you will see the list of the users from your account. You can select your user(s) to be notified when this scene runs, but it is not mandatory to have users selected.