Working with Backups
It is always a good idea to have a digital backup; especially when it comes to your Vera control system. You can back up your system into the cloud automatically, or you can do a backup manually.
This guide will teach you how to:
- Create backups for your Vera system
- Restore your system from a backup file
Backup your Vera
- Go to settings -> backup -> create backup -> press backup Z-Wave network
- As soon as the "backup" indicator is at 100%, press "create backup" in order to make a copy of your controller's settings and installed devices
The "backup" section in the Vera menu provides four main features:
- Create a backup copy of all of the settings modified by the user and the devices added. This is only necessary if you installed a new piece of equipment and the user interface or Vera does not behave as expected anymore
- Restore an existing backup file with the additional option to restore the Z-Wave network. This is useful when upgrading to a new controller; it allows you to take a backup from the old controller and restore it onto the new controller
- Restore the Z-Wave network only if you are experiencing problems communicating with Z-Wave devices. If your door/window sensor is no longer showing up in your system, the Z-Wave network probably needs to be restored
- Reset the entire system to factory default - This will not downgrade the controller to the factory firmware; it will keep the installed version. You would use this option when you want to start fresh with your setup or your Vera unit changes ownership
Restore your Vera
- Go to settings -> backup -> press upload -> find and select the previously created backup
- Check the box next to "restore Z-Wave network"
- Click "restore"
- Wait for your Vera to reboot