Q: What if I can't connect to my Vera controller?
A: If you can't connect to your Vera controller, make sure that your Internet connection is good and check the network cable.
If your unit does not have internet access, the network lights will start blinking as follows:
Service light is blinking
When the Service LED light is blinking, it means that your controller has trouble establishing a connection with the cloud servers.
To fix the problem:
- Check the status of the cloud servers and any ongoing maintenance at
- If no incident is reported on the status page, do not hesitate to contact
Internet light is off
When the Internet light is off, it means that the internet cable is disconnected or interrupted.
To fix the problem:
Make sure that the internet cable is connected to an internet source and/or try a different ethernet patch cord.
Also, if your Vera controller is connected to the router via a switch (a network distribution box), try connecting the controller directly to the router. Also, try resetting the router.
If you are still not able to connect to your controller unit please follow these steps:
Advanced Network Troubleshooting:
By default, your Vera automatically configures its network; if you connect it to your router, it will automatically configure in switch mode.
If after plugging Vera into your network, you do not see your Vera on , please follow these steps to fix your networking:
- Unplug Vera from the power cord
- Unplug all the cables from Vera
- Plug a cable from your computer into Vera's LAN port
- Connect Vera to power
- Wait for it to start and for your computer to get an IP address:
- With Windows, you can type this in Start > Run to view it: cmd /K ipconfig
- With Linux and Mac OSX, you have to start a terminal and type there ifconfig | grep -B1 "inet addr"
After you have an IP on your PC and you can ping Vera's ip successfully, open an web browser and type this in the address bar: 192.168.81.1 or the IP that you have.
- Go to your Vera's Dashboard and select Settings > Net&Wi-Fi
- Check the internet settings: If Vera connects directly to your cable or DSL modem, select "Directly to the internet. Vera is a gateway." If Vera is plugged into your router, select "Through another gateway on my network. Vera is a switch." If you want Vera to connect wirelessly, you will need to scan for wifi and pick up your wifi hotspot from the loaded list. (See: )
- In order to activate your controller or login, you will first need to make an account or login on