Most notably this release includes a new version of the Z-Wave firmware in the Z-Wave chip, and this new version allows Vera to optimize the routes the Z-Wave mesh network uses. This should improve reliability. See MigrateTo452 Also Vera will no longer scan for UPnP devices unless you choose 'Add Device' and at the bottom check the option to scan for UPnP devices.
1. The energy plugin is now built into the engine. It will be removed on upgrade. Energy events are logged to your mios.com account automatically.
2. There is an option with Vera2 (Currently not working with Vera1) on Advanced, Logs to enable logging to a USB stick. This frees up quite a bit of memory, so if you have a lot of devices or plugins and your Vera is running slow or crashing because it's running out of memory, this is a solution. Note that after you check the box it can take up to 30 minutes to format the USB drive, and bootup will take a couple minutes longer with the USB drive installed. It will continue to boot up fine without the USB drive connected, just don't remove it while Vera is running. IMPORTANT: Use a new USB drive that hasn't already been formatted. In particular, don't use a USB drive that is already formatted for Mac.
3. There is a fix to prevent the main engine from starting before Vera has synced the date/time, which previously had caused sunset/sunrise timers to trigger unexpectedly. There is no battery-backed up clock in Vera. It needs to get the date/time from the internet at each boot.
4. This fixes a bug causing high CPU load and reboot when certain UPnP devices are detected on the network, such as Sonos.
5. The DSC plugin, and possibly others that use serial ports, did not work because the engine was trying to open the port twice.
6. Add some extra info in the heal process, and report the health rating and heal date to our tech support server along with ZWave node info, so, when a customer calls in for support, we will know what types of devices he has and how healthy they are to make better recommendations about improving ZWave reliability.
7. Some startup messages weren't displayed properly in the info panel.
8. Bad UPnP devices on the network that constantly report themselves every 1 second with a new UUID would eventually consume all the memory causing a crash. Now the software filters these rogue devices.
8. There's a new lu_sdata request that makes it much simpler to develop third party user interfaces to control the system. See: UI Simple
9. Store a counter of all polls (PollOk) with the number that failed transmission (PollTxFail) or failed to reply (PollNoReply). All counters are reset whenever you do a heal network. The counters are visible as extra variables in the device's advanced tab. This is for troubleshooting ZWave problems.
10. Add support for viewing live, streaming video. Remote Camera Streaming
11. Fix that sometimes variables across multiple bridged MiOS systems weren't being synchronized all the time.
12. Increase the timeouts for some internet operations so it works on super, super slow connections like satellite.
13. Fix for thermostats always showing fan as 'On' when it's in auto.
14. Add support for Fortrezz WMA-02, with new 'Leak alarm' event
15. Add support for Alarm Command Class version 2
16. Fix a crash caused by wakeup interval set to the minimum value
17. Fix problem with Insteon not starting when there are a lot of existing devices.
18. Fix problem with a LuaUPnP process not cleanly exiting, causing the UPnP port to remain stuck for 2 minutes and slowing down reload.
19. Implement a new Infrared learning, identifying, transmitting engine.
20. Fix toggle state with Insteon.
21. Add basic support for Zigbee lights with a SimpleHomeNet ZBPLM and Luup Plugin
22. Fix crash when adding new A/V devices
23. Reduce the delay between Z-Wave commands to solve startup problems on large networks
24. Add support for Yale/Assa Abbloy locks
25. Fix to handle Luup plugins staying locked to the right serial port when they're unplugged/reconnected.
26. Prevent Insteon module from taking over a serial port
27. Upgrade the ftdi_sio driver to support new infrared blaster
28. Fix intermittent crash when receiving a wakeup command
29. Add attribute set to the Luup API
30. Add Sleep to the Luup API
31. Reduce number of retries for download files/plugins
32. Use separate worker threads for slow processes like downloading vs fast processes like Z-Wave response to speed up the response to time sensitive tasks.
33. Don't execute timers if time jumps, caused by a new sync to the ntp server
34. Increase wait time for Luup plugins from 45 seconds to 90 to resolve some slow plugins that take a long time to initialize.
35. Add logging for the last time the battery level was reported and show the battery icon as a ? if it's been more than 7 days.
36. Fix problem with variableset Luup command not setting value always.
37. Don't repoll or reconfigure battery operated devices that wakeup constantly. At most re-poll every 10 minutes.
38. Add new scene recorder feature for easier scene creation.
39. Fix problem with the UI4 dashboard getting out of sync with the engine.
40. Fix problem with creation of 2 cameras using the same plugin.
41. Always write user_data when child devices change in case the reload doesn't work, causing a never ending cycle
42. Log uptime and track memory leaks.
43. Add crossdomain.xml so ActionScript clients can poll
44. Fix deadlock problem when aborting an existing send data command
45. Rewrite the watchdog function so it catches threads that don't exit after the main one closes
46. Add a tracking and reporting of 'tardy' tasks that run more than 3 seconds after they should.
47. Add decoding of infrared signals to extract the protocol, device and button codes from a learned i/r signal
48. Toggle the CPLD chip if the Z-Wave module stops responding to try to wake it up.
49. Allow scenes to control A/V devices
50. Fix for Leviton ZRCS4 id=2050 for 0-3 buttons
51. Increase timeout of http fetches for slow satellite internet connections
52. Allow Luup plugins (SQRemote) to remotely turn on features with a provision flag.
53. Don't treat superceded jobs as an error.
54. Fix issue with bridged systems not syncing state changes
55. Fix issue with bridged systems and deep nested trees of devices more than 3 layers deep (ie 3-in-1 sensor)
56. Re-write bridging code to reduce memory usage.
57. Prevent UPnP devices from being marked offline if the luup plugin doesn't load.
58. Add timestamps for all stages of the Z-Wave heal
59. Add support for measuring KWH and resetting the cumulative measurement
60. Add support for new Z-Wave metering classes
61. Add buttons for streaming and still camera images
62. Fix to prevent some messages from getting lost in the info panel
63. Fix when adding/removing multiple devices with a timeout and not doing anything that it showed it stayed in 'add/remove' mode.
64. Add filter when UPnP devices broadcast constantly to prevent bogging down the system.
65. Few minor Z-Wave changes required to pass Sigma certification. Engine is now certified.
66. Re-order the on/off buttons in UI4.
67. Keep a log of polling history and success/fail, report to central server to assist tech support.
68. Filter duplicate nonce's from secure devices.
69. Fix scenes not updating from bridge's systems
70. Add an auto purge of excessive ip and/or upnp requests so the user_data file doesn't grow bigger than the memory supports.
71. Add a watchdog to the remote access tunnels to ensure access through cp.mios.com stays alive
72. If the Z-Wave network doesn't start stop resetting the Insteon network too
73. Change default poll interval on FLiRS devices to 10800 seconds instead of 60 to conserve the battery
74. Fix mantis #1293 - Can't add notification for a device if no Scene is added previously
75. Fix mantis #1275 - Add options in Scene to show all devices in all rooms or filter by their type
76. Fix mantis #1317 - Replace Archive old logs on findvera with Archive old logs on mios.com
77. Fix mantis #1238 - Wizard through cp.mios.com displaying a 404 Error.
78. Fix mantis #1115 - text tweak on the 'add camera' page in the setup wizard
79. Fix mantis #1356 - Enable mod_expire in lighttpd, have it "cache" images directories to avoid constant reload.
80. Fix mantis #1207 - be sure the 4 buttons that remove devices have ok/cancel popups
81. Fix mantis #1213 - if a device is imported, the 'wrench' setup icon should be grayed out
82. Fix mantis #1251 - easier to use cameras
83. Fix mantis #1314 - Empty Scene name
84. Fix mantis #1360 - Don't update database fields with empty strings
85. Fix scheduling user codes with a Schlage lock
86. Fix compatibility with some Leviton scene/zone controllers using 100/200 series chips
87. Prevent heal from aborting if there's lots of activity going on
88. Fix so you can create custom luup handlers for actions with the same name and service file, but separate service id's, like heat and cool.
89. Add the option of switching to the 3.20 (aka 4.52) branch of Z-Wave firmware
90. Allow for manual routing when using 3.20
91. New heal routine that tests and optimizes Z-Wave routes.
92. A basic heal will be performed automatically at night if Vera has lost communication with some nodes.
93. Advanced users can now specify routes to nodes
94. Fix deleting devices not showing up in the UI.
95. Heal will auto-resume if it's aborted due to a crash or power outage
96. Add support for meter table class (Kamstrup power meters)
97. Do not discover UPNP devices by default anymore, unless the user requests it on the Add Device page.
98. Fix mantis #1391: Cannot add control over another UPnP device
99. Remove the 'Logs' for a device in the UI4 dashboard. Now go to cp.mios.com and choose Events.