1. Fix problems with getting alerts for both 'over' and 'under' a certain temperature
2. Fix problem with getting an 'over' and 'under' temperature alert every time the sensor reports the temperature
3. Automatically set the clock on ZWave devices that support COMMAND_CLASS_CLOCK
4. Fix compatibility with the Fortrezz water valve
5. Fix problem where sometimes you can't remove a dead node
6. Fix one Vera importing and controlling the devices from another.
7. Fix one Vera controlling other UPnP devices.
8. Change the way the version is reported so it's compatible with a new SQ Remote update
9. Fix a problem with include/exclude ZWave not working when using the buttons while Vera is disconnected from the network
10. Strip UPNP XML files of any non-standard characters (like accented characters) since this can cause some upnp scanners, like Device Spy, to ignore them.
11. Occasionally a device that was properly configured could show as incorrectly configured if it failed to config and then was immediately reconfigured and succeeded the 2nd time before the 1st failure had been purged from the log.
12. Fortrezz Water + Temp sensor now supports both events.
13. Scenes can be 'active' or 'inactive' based on either 2 settings: 1) all devices in the scene are set, or 2) any device in the scene is on.
14. Automatically set the LED's in a Leviton scene controller based on #13
15. Fix a crash while logging DHCP requests
16. Don't try to configure a node right away if it failed configuration on the last attempt to reduce long latency caused by continuously reconfiguring dead nodes.
17. Migrate to the new server structure with redundannt servers
18. Add ability to do ZWave multi-cast.
19. Fix a bug where it got stuck retrying to download plugins despite a network failure.
20. Set default root password to the same as the Wifi Password/ HouseID, so telnet is disabled now by default.
21. Don't set or restore default names that have been set with ZWave node naming get (ie starting with _).
22. Add ability to specify custom device types and names for products based on the ZWave manufacturer and product ID's and an xml file, including default names and variable settings.
23. Some ZWave chips seem to have trouble going into 'add node' mode when the commands are sent fast, so added some delays.
24. Add handling for more alarms from door locks, like when new user codes are added and removed, and low battery alarms.
25. For slow IP cameras there is now a timeout setting that can be increased to allow more time to return the JPEG. Also, the engine won't block the browser if the camera takes more than 3 seconds to respond. It will continue to retrieve the image in the background return it with the subsequent request.
UI2 : 1.0.994 and UI3 : 1.1.319 - April 21, 2010 - final UI2 and UI3
1. [Bug 739]: Fix an intermittent problem with 'handler not found' error when trying to access the smartphone or WAP plugin
2. Fix an error with pan/tilt buttons on a camera not working
3. Add support for the Kwikset ZWave lock's built-in scheduling
4. Improve configuring a Schlage lock. We discovered a 'hidden' configuration setting you can use to get all the user codes states at once rather than polling each code individually as per the official ZWave spec.
5. Correct the reporting of lock/unlock on the Schlage deadbolt. Previously if a lock or unlock was sent to the deadbolt and the deadbolt reported it was executed OK, Vera assumed the lock was really locked/unlocked. Now we use the alarms from the lock instead so the state is always accurate.
6. Fix so the include/exclude mode when triggered with the physical buttons stays on indefinitely.
7. For advanced users, add capability to send door lock NONCE's with ACK by adding the UPNP variable urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1/NonceACK=1
8. Unmount the filesystem and kill all processes before flashing the firmware. Also report to a central server when the process starts, and when it reboots after an upgrade so we have a log to accurately measure how often an upgrade fails. We're trying to reduce the number of instances where Vera's firmware gets messed up during an upgrade. This process of upgrading isn't in our code, actually. It's part of the base Linux distro (OpenWRT), and, officially, the only way it should ever happen unless the user pulls the plug while the firwmare is being written, or a brown out. However we have had users experience it even though they insist the power was on steady during the whole firmware write process.
9. For UI3 the problems with drag and drop are solved, and there's a new list view if you don't like the floorplan view. Several other cosmetic and usability issues have been fixed by the Flash team.
10. Fix reset_to_factory_default script, it deleted some required files for the user manual. Now deletes only certain files.
11. Add default free dns servers: OpenDNS.org
1.0.979 - October 24, 2009 - final beta
All known issues of stability and memory leaks have now been resolved. The infrared and INSTEON/X10 modules are also fully functioning. The next couple weeks we will closely monitor the forums and trouble tickets to see if there are any lingering issues and then issue a release candidate.
0. IMPORTANT: The concept of method #1 and method #2 for programming scenes into scene controllers and handheld remotes no longer exists. The 'Treat Scenes as Events' checkbox is no longer used. Now, to assign a scene, select the scene, click 'Add Event', choose the scene controller or handheld remote, choose the event 'A Scene is Activated', and pick the scene or button ID, such as 3 for button 3 on a scene controller. Any Up/Down or Off buttons now work fine, plus you can add thermostats, door locks, and other non-scene devices to a scene and Vera will still trigger them. So with release 979, it's all automatic and you no longer have to make a decision for method #1 or method #2, and there is no longer a sacrifice with one method over the other. The ZWave Add Controller page has been updated.
1. There was a file handle leak with files in /tmp that were deleted but not closed. This caused the system to run out of resources and crash after a few days.
2. [Bug 666]: Unable to control the Panasonic BL-C131A camera after upgrading to version 1.0.939
3. [Bug 682]: can't add an ir device
4. [Bug 671]: associate light switches with scene controllers
5. [Bug 625]: confirm specific user code notification works. Now you get the name of the user code entered on a Schlage lock in the notification
6. [Bug 610]: ha09 and method 0000001 not working
7. [Bug 598]: handle missing variables in smartphone
8. [Bug 597]: add buttons to window controller
9. [Bug 572]: Prevent Timers to run if date is not correct
10. [Bug 638]: Unable to add manually Panasonic IP camera easely
11. [Bug 631]: combine method 0000001 and method 0000002
12. [Bug 634]: job icons
13. [Bug 640]: Camera PTZ broken in 899 and it keeps to be broken if you upgrade to 918
14. [Bug 641]: Files from /etc/cmh-lu/ and /etc/cmh-ludl/ are not updated accordingly between firmware updates
15. [Bug 630]: info panel not showing BACKUP jobs
16. [Bug 618]: get rid of hardcoded filenames using FK instead
17. [Bug 627]: temperature event not working
18. [Bug 596]: after saving the info panel isn't updated
19. [Bug 636]: IP CAMERA CONTROLS NOT WORKING IN IE
20. [Bug 475]: need an input box on the iphone and wap ui
21. [Bug 458]: backup/restore zwave dongle's firmware