Scenes: How to Do a Scheduled Video Recording
Scenes are the tool that allows you to personalize your Vera's behaviors and give you the power to simply and easily customize your Vera Connected Smart Home.
This guide will teach you:
- How to create a basic scene that will do a video recording at a scheduled time interval
Create a Scheduled Scene
1. Scheduled scenes are useful when you need to select a time or interval that will trigger the activation. To do so, click ' Scenes' on the left-hand menu, click '+ Add Scene' in the upper right-hand corner, and select the 'Schedule' trigger
2. Suppose you want the camera to start recording when you leave for work (in "Away" mode); select the 'Daily' interval. For the time values, select 'At the time of day' in the first list and "08:00" in the next two lists, and click 'Validate'
3. The system will tell you that the trigger will activate every day at 08:00 AM
4. Click 'Next Step' to select devices and/or a delayed action
5. Click 'Select Devices' check the camera from the list, scroll down to the bottom of the page, and hit 'Next'
6. Select the record action for the camera and click 'Validate'
7. By default, the action is set to 'Immediately' meaning the camera will automatically start recording at 08:00