How to Pair VeraLink Devices
VeraLink is Vera's proprietary 345/433 MHz frequency - A great low-cost alternative to the existing wireless protocols, designed to work with Nortek's 2GIG Radio Frequency devices. Each VeraLink device must first be added to your Vera system for it to be recognized and controlled. This process is what is meant by "Adding Devices." Technically, when you add a VeraLink device, you are establishing a communication link between the device and your Vera controller.
This guide will teach you:
- How to pair VeraLink devices with your Vera unit
Pair your first VeraLink Device
1. From your Vera's dashboard, go to Devices > Add Device and select or search the name or type of device that you wish to pair with Vera
2. Suppose you wish to add a 2GIG Panic Button. Use the search box and search for the model name '2GIG-PANIC1'
3. Click on the 2GIG-PANIC1 button, then on Next
4. As instructed, type in the 7 digit TX ID Code found on the device's package or label, and press Next
5. You have 60 seconds to type in the pairing pattern on the device side, for it to be detected by Vera. You will need to insert the batteries and hold the panic button until the LED light turns red
6. Once the device is detected, you will be prompted to choose a name for it and put it in a Room
7. Your device is now paired with Vera. Return to your controller's dashboard and notice the freshly added panic button, listed under the previously selected Room