Turn on the Lights Based on Your Location
Location-based scenes, using Geofence, are useful when you want a scene to occur when you are in a certain place
This guide will teach you:
- How to create a location-based scene using Geofence
Choose the Location trigger
Let's say you want to create a scene where the lights turn on when you come to the door.
- To create a location scene, press 'Scenes' in the Vera menu, and then ' +' in the upper right-hand corner of the screen
- Select the ' Location' trigger
- Press ' Select a geofence...' and select one of the existing locations that should activate the scene (in this case, you should pick the location representing your home address)
- Choose the event that should activate the scene (enter or exit), and press 'Validate'
- Press 'Actions' on the bottom of the screen, and then press '+' in the upper right-hand corner of the screen
- Choose to 'Add immediate action' select the 'Outside' appliance module, and press 'Next' in the top right-hand corner of your screen
- Turn the slider for the 'Outside' appliance module to 'ON', and press 'Done' in the upper right-hand corner of your screen
- Finally, click on 'Finish' choose the home mode(s) for which to activate the scene, choose the user that should be notified when the scene runs, select a room (optional), name the scene, and press 'Save'
Now, every time you arrive at your front door, the outside lights will turn on to greet you.
Please sign in to leave a comment.