Turn on the Lights Based on Your Location
Location-based scenes, using Geofence, are useful when you want a scene to occur when you are in a certain place
This guide will teach you:
- How to create a location-based scene using Geofence
Choose the Location trigger
Let's say you want to create a scene where the lights turn on when you come to the door.
- To create a location scene, press 'Scenes' in the Vera menu, and then ' +' in the upper right-hand corner of the screen
- Select the ' Location' trigger
- Press ' Select a geofence...' and select one of the existing locations that should activate the scene (in this case, you should pick the location representing your home address)
- Choose the event that should activate the scene (enter or exit), and press 'Validate'
- Press 'Actions' on the bottom of the screen, and then press '+' in the upper right-hand corner of the screen
- Choose to 'Add immediate action' select the 'Outside' appliance module, and press 'Next' in the top right-hand corner of your screen
- Turn the slider for the 'Outside' appliance module to 'ON', and press 'Done' in the upper right-hand corner of your screen
- Finally, click on 'Finish' choose the home mode(s) for which to activate the scene, choose the user that should be notified when the scene runs, select a room (optional), name the scene, and press 'Save'
Now, every time you arrive at your front door, the outside lights will turn on to greet you.