Here's everything you need to know to set up Google Assistant with Vera:
I. Set up your Vera controller
1. Go to https://home.getvera.com/users/login
2. Log in with your account
3. Connect to your controller
4. Go to "Apps", then "My apps"
5. Find the "Google Home" plugin and install it
NOTE: You should do this for each controller you have under your account
II. Set up your Vera Smarter Home Control action
1. Go to your "Google Home" app on your phone
2. Under the "Home" tab, tap "Add"
3. Next, tap on "Set up device" and then on "Have something already set up?"
4. Tap on the "Vera Smarter Home Control" action
5. Enter your Vera username and password
6. You're done.
All compatible devices will appear on the Home app and you can control them via voice or by using the app.
Vera Firmware version 7.29 and above (version should appear as 1.7.4452 Vera Edge / 1.7.4453 Vera Plus / 1.7.4454 Vera Secure. If you do not have this version, click the update button and follow the prompts to upgrade.)
Note: We are only supporting English at this time.
Article is closed for comments.