This guide will teach you:
- Set up your Geofencing with Vera on iOS
How does the geofence work?
Geofencing sets a virtual boundary around your home using the GPS built into your mobile device. Nowadays, every smartphone has a built-in GPS sensor. All you have to do is either mark your home’s location in VeraMobile app, so it can trigger devices and scenes to automatically do an action, or stop doing an existing action when you enter or leave the area. - E.g., Change House Modes to Away/Home, lock or unlock the doors, turn off or on the heat.
Getting startedThe Geofencing configuration page can only be accessed from the VeraMobile apps, under "Settings".
Create your GeofenceTo create a geofence, tap the "Map" icon, select the location by pressing down anywhere on the map, edit the name and address,
and press "Save".
Geofence advanced settingsThe Geofencing advanced settings allow you to:
- Enable/disable Geofencing
- Set house mode to Home when at least one Vera user is at home
- set house mode to Away when no Vera user is at home
Note: You cannot delete a geofence that is used in a scene.
General considerations and recommended settings
- Make sure every device in your home is logged in with its own Vera account; if the device stays permanently in the location (i.e. a tablet), make sure you go to Settings -> Geofence -> Advanced Settings and "Disable Geofencing for this device". Geofence will not trigger if it detects persons/devices that are still in the location
- Make sure you are not logged in with the same username on multiple devices
- If the Geofence trigger is not reliable and does not trigger every time, try to increase the radius of the Geofence from the default of 100m to 250m or more
- To improve Geofence accuracy, keep your device's Wifi on at all times
- Location services can be enabled by accessing the iPhone's Settings app, going to Privacy, and selecting Location Services; scroll down until you see the Vera mobile app and set it to allow location access.
Please sign in to leave a comment.