This guide will teach you how to:
- Set up your Geofencing with Vera on Windows Phone
Geofencing sets a virtual boundary around your home using the GPS built into your mobile device. Nowadays, every smartphone has a built-in GPS sensor. All you have to do is to mark your home’s location in VeraMobile app, so it can trigger devices and scenes to automatically do an action, or stop doing an existing action when you enter or leave the area. - E.g., Change House Modes to Away/Home, lock or unlock the doors, turn off or on the heat.
and then check the "Enable Geofencing on this Windows Device" option.
To define a new location, click "Geofencing" in the Vera menu, and select it by pressing down anywhere on the map.
For each of the defined geofences, you can enable the following options:
- Notify when people enter or exit (you will get a push notification on your app every time someone enters or leaves the Geofence)
- This is my home (To change the House mode from Home to Away and vice versa, this option needs to be checked)
The Geofence advanced settings allow you to:
- Enable/disable Geofencing
- Set house mode to Home when at least one Vera user is at home
- Set house mode to Away when no Vera user is at home
Note: If you choose to disable Geofencing, you will still be able to manage your Geofences but the device won't trigger any "Enter" or "Exit" events.
Each Vera user can have their own home Geofence. This way, when all users leave all Home Geofences, the house mode changes to Away.
On the other hand, when at least one user enters their Home Geofence, the house mode changes to Home.
- Make sure every device in your home is logged in with its own Vera account; if the device is usually in the location (ie. a tablet), make sure you go to Settings -> Geofence -> Advanced Settings and "Disable Geofencing for this device"
- Make sure you are not logged in with the same username on multiple devices
- If the Geofence trigger is not reliable and does not trigger every time, try to increase the radius of the Geofence from the default of 100m to 250m or more
- To improve Geofence accuracy, your device's Wifi should be enabled at all times
Advice for Windows:
- For Windows 10 Mobile, you need to swipe from the Start, access the All app list, select Settings, then go to Privacy and choose Location.